Skip to main content

Crop and Create Delivered 2023! 0/16

 Oh my gosh!! I just spent last weekend totally immersed in four days of virtual cardmaking classes!!  And when I say immersed, I mean from 9:30 am to 9:30 pm for four days straight!  I learned so much, tried so many new products and made so many cards!!! It was so fun!! I have been stamping and making cards for over 22 years.  I have travelled to many, many Stampin' Up! conventions, where we stamped, and learned and (partied) for four days straight. But that is not the same as this amazing four day event from Crop and Create Delivered.  We paid a lot- and a good six months in advance, for this event.  You purchase it blind, and about six weeks before the event, the facebook group comes alive. Twelve pound boxes of goodies begin landing all over the WORLD!!  So much mystery!!!  This box holds all the supplies for 16 card classes- three cards per class- plus a few extra fun gifts.  You supply the basic supplies (ink pads, die cutting machine, blending brushes, paper trimmer, adhesive, etc.) but the rest of the supplies are included.  Each class was with a different company, so the box is full of their stamps, dies, stencils, mixed media pastes, glitter sheets, rub ons, foil flakes, and cardstosck to make 49 cards.




The boxes ship from Canada, and for this event, there were 3400 boxes!! They said they ship by "distance" so everyone gets their box around the same time, but we all know that is impossible. I am not sure why, but my box seemed to be on the first load, and it landed here nearly a month before the event.  Wow!

The box includes black and white cardstock and the sixteen classes all have some basic homework. This extends from cutting three card bases to a good 90 minute die cutting session from 8 different colors of tiny images from Honey Bee or Spellbinders, Ha!  I had plenty of time to do my homework and had everything separated by class (easy to do as you unpack), and tabbed my book by class, but I will admit, it took some time to get all the prep work done.  Each instructor wrote their own directions, so they were not consistent, and not always efficient, ha ha. (22 years as an SU demo speaking here, I know!)  But I completed every card for every class during the event because I spent that time prepping.  This course is not for the stamping faint of heart!

My husband was out of town the first day- but I was locked and ready.  Each class would be two hours, with a 30 min break in between.  There was 90 min for dinner, but only because I am also on the East Coast.  Those other time zones- phew.  Each class was broadcasted live- on you tube - to include an opening or closing each day or an extra little demo.  All classes were recorded, and probably 1/2 of the 3400 participants will go back and watch them later and craft. I spent a lot of money on this box, and I was determined to maximize every minute. I set my alarm and got up to exercise first, so after a quick breakfast, I was down in my stamp room ready to craft along.  I had spent two days cleaning up my stamp room and I could not wait to get started!!


Over the next weeks I will post the cards from each class.  If you get the opportunity to participate in this event, I ten out of ten recommend it!!


Popular posts from this blog

Spring time Postage Card

Stamp Joy by Taylored Expressions- Stretch Your Scraps Class

Rainbow Butterflies